It is time we step out of the self imposed box we all have placed ourselves in and step out of our comfort zone. Comfort zones are really fears, doubts, and insecurities masked as comfort zones. It’s time we step out of those comfort boxes we built for ourselves and open ourselves up to things we deep down inside want and desire to do. The moment you began to try new things is the moment you will fall in love with taking risks and grow. Here are some ways to help you step out of your comfort zone:
- Be honest with your self and identify what is out of your comfort zone.
- Write down a list of activities and tasks that are out of your comfort zone, small and large. For example, getting designs on your nails if you usually get just a simple color.
- Welcome discomfort when stepping out of your comfort zone.
- Take baby steps. Take steps to overcome fear so you do not overwhelm yourself.
- Be honest with yourself when excuses began to develop
- Hang out with risk takers.
- Understand how stepping out your comfort zone will benefit you.
- Don’t take yourself too seriously. Learn to laugh and applaud yourself everyday.