We give so much to others and sometimes we do not get the same in return. Many people will adapt the role as a please pleaser with partners, family, friends, and bosses. It is time that we set boundaries for those people who can be difficult or just simply overstep their place in your life:
- Understand that your needs and feelings are important. Your needs are just as important as the next person, do not be afraid to express your feelings.
- Surround yourself with people who value you.
- Be firm but kind when you are establishing boundaries with difficult family members and friends. Anger and defensiveness can overshadow the message you trying to get across.
- Be willing to walk away, there is no shame in that.
- Be direct in how you feel, there is no shame in that.
- Learn to be assertive, stand up for yourself
- Take care of yourself so that you do not allow anyone to treat you in any other way but the way you deserve to be treated.